Allocation 500 words
Awareness and knowledge of the customer and the market focus is crucial in a business. Knowing your customers, their requirements and expectations, and how to acquire new customers, build relationships, monitor customer perceptions and develop future opportunities are essential.
Demonstrate how well you know the market, how you determine market requirements and expectations, where the business sits in the marketplace and how well this knowledge is used.
Businesses use branding, marketing and design to convey their messages in the marketplace. You need to demonstrate how this is achieved in your business, and to describe the essence and personality or values of the brand that contribute to the business’s success.
What the judges will be looking for is:
- That you know your customer, and how to seek more
- Identifying an opportunity and acting on it
- Market position of the organisation and how it compares to others in similar industries
- The areas of change and improvements that have occurred due to customer feedback?
- How the business uses its brand and integrates it across all aspects of the business. This could include visual (logos etc) values and key messages
- A clear marketing and advertising strategy
- Evidence that the strategy is understood and implemented
- Evidence that there is a strong element of design and innovation within the company