About the Trust
Trust Tairāwhiti is the regional development trust for Tairāwhiti.
The Trust has a vision that our people, whānau, and communities of Tairāwhiti can live the lives we value in ways that matter to us.
Our aspiration is for a region of Te Mana - Shared Pride, Te Ihi - Shared Prosperity, and Te Wehi - Shared Opportunity.
To increase our operational efficiency and deliver cross-business synergies, Trust Tairāwhiti is looking for an innovative and motivated leader to join the team as the General Manager Shared Services.
Are you ready to lead our new Shared Services team to partner with our operations to shape internal services and deliver sustainable and long-term improvements?
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and leading a high-performing team to drive the delivery of systems, policies, and processes to shape the way we work and manage our people. The role will lead a team and work programme that is truly internal customer-centric, manages and balances shared services resources within the Trust to support the delivery of Te aka rautaki ki te tau 2026 our strategic plan and is informed and driven by the needs of the Trust.
In doing this, the General Manager Shared Services will:
- Establish a service culture, supported by appropriate policies and procedures to ensure quality services are delivered by the Shared Services Team.
- Get things done! - contribute to the development of strategy, create tactical operational support plans and lead the successful execution of these
- Model behaviours, lead and establish a culture based on our values and champion cross functional working in all facets of operational delivery
- Drive operational performance through others, ensuring optimisation of resources and maximisation of performance
- Lead innovative continuous improvement
- Collaborate as a high-performing member of the Senior Leadership Team, taking accountability for the overall success of the Trust.
To be successful in this role, you will have extensive corporate or support services leadership experience, with proven capability to lead and manage cross-functional/ multidisciplinary teams. You will have previous experience in establishing and proactive management of shared services functions and developing client-centric policy and procedures.
You will have agility, personal energy, and drive to get things done. You will value the cultural identity of Tairāwhiti, including an ability to understand or desire to learn te reo māori me ona tikanga.
We are looking for people to join our team who share our vision, live our values, and are passionate about working with our communities. If this sounds like you, and you have the skill set outlined above, step through our waharoa and apply now!
CLOSING DATE: 11 June 2021