About the Trust
Trust Tairāwhiti is the regional development trust for Tairāwhiti.
The Trust has a vision that our people, whānau, and communities of Tairāwhiti can live the lives we value in ways that matter to us.
Our aspiration is for a region of Te Mana - Shared Pride, Te Ihi - Shared Prosperity, and Te Wehi - Shared Opportunity.
Our newly formed Regional Business Growth team are highly skilled, and passionate about what we do. We make a difference to the Tairāwhiti region by working with Tairāwhiti businesses and industry to support an innovative, inclusive, and circular economy with opportunities for well-paid jobs.
About the opportunity
We are looking for an energetic, passionate and innovate Manager Regional Business Growth to lead the team.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the Tairāwhiti regions economic development and deliver initiatives to lift business growth across the region. You'll be our perfect candidate if you bring innovation and forward thinking to this role, and strong people leadership and management experience.
Reporting to the General Manager Economic Development you will:
- Drive the delivery focus of the team, ensure the impact of delivery is measured and monitored and that the team are working on initiatives that deliver the greatest impact for the regional economy
- Lead the establishment of a regional business hub, that provides networking and training opportunities for business, supported by the Business Growth Team
- Identify new economic development initiatives, evaluate options and work with General Manager Economic Development to assess these.
- Ensure support, advice and information is provided to businesses and industry throughout the region, developing relationships across markets to get the best business outcomes and opportunities for employers and the regional workforce.
The key to your success in this role will be your:
- Proven experience in other commercial roles, particularly those where the focus is to influence and drive change
- Proven success in a senior level position in economic development with commercial and business acumen
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including managing Iwi/Māori relationships
- Knowledge of Gisborne Tairāwhiti, its people and its economic development context and opportunities
- High level of written skills, ability to produce high quality written material
- High level of cultural competency in Te Ao Māori which should include an ability to understand te reo Māori me ona tikanga.
What we looking for most, are those candidates with a thirst for economic development and stakeholder engagement, strong commercial experience and business acumen to follow through with opportunities, passion and commitment for Tairāwhiti and its people. You will value the cultural identity of Tairāwhiti, including an ability to understand or desire to learn te reo Māori me ona tikanga.
We are looking for people to join our team who share our vision, live our values, and are passionate about working with our communities. If this sounds like you, and you have the skill set outlined above, step through our waharoa and apply now!
CLOSING DATE: 4 June 2021