About the Trust
Trust Tairāwhiti is the regional development trust for Tairāwhiti.
The Trust has a vision that our people, whānau, and communities of Tairāwhiti can live the lives we value in ways that matter to us.
Our aspiration is for a region of Te Mana - Shared Pride, Te Ihi - Shared Prosperity, and Te Wehi - Shared Opportunity.
If you love Tairāwhiti, are excited by the prospect of being involved in the vibrant tourism industry, this could be the opportunity for you to join our Gisborne i-SITE Visitor Information team.
About the opportunity
The Gisborne i-SITE Visitor Information Centre is the first point of contact for many who journey to Tairāwhiti and we are looking for a Team Leader i-SITE to provide front line leadership and day to day management for our i-SITE to ensure we provide a great customer experience for all visitors.
You will manage the day to day operations of the site and supervising our team of Visitor Information Officers who give a warm welcome and connect visitors to the best experiences Tairāwhiti and Gisborne has to offer.
- Ensure service levels are consistently delivered.
- Provide a positive, engaging team environment for the i-SITE and that staff are appropriately trained and developed.
- Ensure the staff understand their role in delivering excellent customer services.
- Ensure positive relationships are developed and maintained with tourism operators.
- Maintain i-SITE standards and conduct business within i-SITE New Zealand guidelines.
You will have excellent local knowledge, be passionate about our region and its people. You will have experience of 5+ years in a service or related industry and have proven team management experience in a customer service environment. If you have have a Qualification in tourism, i-SITE management, marketing or business studies, that would be an added bonus!
To be successful in this role, you'll have;
- Amazing Customer Focus.
- A flexible & open attitude, driven to help the customer as a priority.
- The ability to provide coaching.
- Great communication skills to motivate a team and build relationships at all levels.
- A cool and collected manner when working under pressure.
- An innovative and proactive approach to solving problems.
You will value the cultural identity of Tairāwhiti, including an ability to understand or desire to learn te reo Māori me ona tikanga.
We are looking for people to join our team who share our vision, live our values, and are passionate about working with our communities. If this sounds like you, and you have the skill set outlined above, step through our waharoa and apply now!
CLOSING DATE: 2 June 2021