Trust Tairāwhiti has made the decision to refocus our funding over the coming months, to address the emerging needs of families/whanau and businesses where Covid-19 has had a negative impact.
No closing dates will apply, and applications will be considered on their individual merits, alongside the Trust’s wellbeing priorities. For organisations that have recently had an application approved, or have already commenced work on an application, we encourage you to talk to us to consider any changes this situation has enforced. We want to be flexible, so discussion points may include:
- Ideas where funds can go to the highest need, rather than necessarily spending it on the activity outlined in the original contract;
- Reducing reporting requirements;
- Extending reporting and spending deadlines.
Trust Tairāwhiti consider the following as priority areas for COVID-19 related initiatives in the coming months:
- Community groups or business that support vulnerable members of our region, and currently face a lack of resource or foresee a lack of resource.
- Organisations that have the capability to help prevent or mitigate the risks to human wellbeing, which may result from COVID-19.
- Groups solving problems that COVID-19 has made significantly worse.
- Volunteers supporting those in self isolation, with basic needs not being met, as a result of COVID-19.
- New and emerging ideas to support the region, communities or groups in the emerging situation, which contribute to improving regional wellbeing.
Audine Grace-Kutia, Manager Community Engagement