Make a difference within the regional tourism industry by developing Tairāwhiti as a premier tourism destination for visitors.
About the Trust
Trust Tairāwhiti is the regional development trust for Tairāwhiti. We have a vision that our people, whānau, and communities can live the lives we value in ways that matter to us. We are committed to sustainable development and are working to create a thriving economy that benefits everyone in our region.
About the opportunity
We are looking for an experienced tourism professional to join our regional tourism organisation and lead the development of the visitor economy in Tairawhiti. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the tourism industry, as well as the ability to develop and implement innovative strategies to grow the region's tourism market.
As part of the regional tourism organisation, you will be responsible for working with a team of professionals to develop and deliver projects and programs that will improve the region’s visitor experience. You will also work with stakeholders to develop and implement strategies to attract and retain visitors, and to promote the region as a premier tourism destination. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to the economic and social well-being of Tairawhiti.
- Lead the development and delivery of projects and programs to improve the visitor experience in Tairawhiti.
- Work with stakeholders to develop and implement strategies to attract and retain visitors.
- Build and maintain relationships with tourism businesses and organisations.
- Monitor and report on the performance of the tourism industry.
We are looking for a tourism professional with:
- Relevant tertiary education in tourism, business management or equivalent experience. This is essential as the role requires a strong understanding of the tourism industry and business management principles.
- Knowledge and understanding of the tourism industry.
- Lateral thinking. The role requires the ability to think outside the box and come up with innovative solutions.
- Strong relationship management. Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders externally is key to this role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Why work for us
Trust Tairāwhiti is an inclusive and dynamic workplace that takes pride in our work and offers a connected culture where we all strive to achieve our goals together. With a whānau-friendly and flexible approach to our mahi, we understand the value of work/life balance and enjoy benefits of the Tairāwhiti lifestyle.
We can offer you:
- competitive remuneration
- a workplace with a clear vision and drive to make a difference every day.
- an environmentally-focused culture where we try to minimise our footprint.
- professional development opportunities to enable you to learn and grow with us.
- a modern workplace environment.
Note: this role requires the incumbent to regularly travel regionally.
We want someone to join our team who shares our vision, lives our values and is passionate about working with our communities.
In accordance with health and safety procedures at the Trust and our community facing roles here in Tairāwhiti, this position has been risk assessed and requires full vaccination in order to keep you, our team and our community safe and protected from Covid 19 – Tātau Tātau
If this sounds like you and you are interested in learning more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the full job description and to apply.